Friday, April 8, 2011

Paper Doll Gratitude Challenge



In the PTI PaperDolls blogging group, we have challenges every other Thursday here. Please come over and join in. They can really inspire you and get your mojo going! Or help you find it if it's gone missing :-)...

Many of us have truly come to realize the blessings we have in our lives. Family, friends, God, and even each other. Most of the Paper Dolls have never met yet we all came together, without ever actually discussing the *need* to do so, when one of us was hurting. And, I know we'd do it again.

So, our challenge was to create a card expressing "gratitude"... I decided my post would get mushy enough, so the card needed to be a bit more fun! This is a play on words "Thanks a million"...

I have a *million* friends to give this to... when my mom passed away in October I was completely and totally cared for by my very large group of friends. They just all stepped in and cared for us. Never asking what needed to be done, never expecting a thank you. Here I am months later, still needing help for things and they still are here.

I am blessed.

You are too. Really.

Say thank you to your friends and family. Hug your little ones. Tell your loved ones how much you appreciate them.

One day it will matter very much!

Kristin

9 comments:

Renee said...

This is so adorable...
love that melon!:)
And the colors are fabby...
just adorable!

Lorraine said...

Your card is so cute - I love the sentiment & melon! And love your post message, too!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Very cute, Kristin! Love the play on words and the adorable melon.

Karen C. said...

Your card looks so 'yummy'!! You did a great job on the melon and the patterned papers and colour scheme really complement the design.

Suzanne said...

Oh my word! I love everything about this, Kristin! It's totally adorable and fun and colorful and yummy!!! Awesome card!

Jen Adcock said...

Beautiful post. Beautiful card. Beautiful you.

Amy Kolling said...

What a great card for this challene! Love your choice of papers....makes this card so fun!

I lost my mom 6 years ago and I know exactly how you are feeling....friends will really get you through it! Although there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her!

Jill said...

This is an utterly charming card, Kristin! The colors, paper choices, the *little black dots*--so sweet! And how special your post is--so touching and so true!

Lee Anne said...

So true, my friend, so true. Your card is beautiful, and we are truly blessed.