Sunday, January 11, 2009

Holy Name Challenge #1

This was my "take" on the first Holy Name Challenge...

Patter @ Triple the Scraps will list a name or attribute of God every other Sunday.

Then, we find a verse or song lyrics that speak to us personally about that name or attribute.

Holy was the first attribute.

God is Holy- he is pure, unblemished, blameless.

After praying and looking around, I came (pretty quickly) about this verse in 1 Peter.

1Peter 1:16 "for it is written, 'Be holy, because I am holy.'"

It's very simple and straigtforward. After deciding that I would do a series of tags, I printed off the verse onto photo paper, brayered some ink over it, matted it, and put it on a piece of CM pp. the flowers are random..

On the back of the tag I've dated it and written out what I feel like is important about this verse.

You call us to *be* holy- don't try, attempt, or even succeed. Just *be*. As You are... to do that, I must *be* Christlike, be filled with the fruits of the spirit, be known as a follower of Jesus. Be Holy!

Enjoy!

Kristin

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

great challenge and you card is very nice!

Teresa Kline said...

wonderful tag for the "Holy" challenge!