Monday, July 25, 2011

PTI July Blog Hop



Welcome to the July PTI Blog Hop!!  This month Nichole challenged us to use a beautiful photo as our inspiration to create a card.  Here is the photo she chose:
I chose to use not only the colors in this photo but some of the overall design...

The Terracotta Tile curtains, bamboo shades, and the soft white light coming into the room.

Here is my card:
I put some details in this card - some to soften it and some to more closely match the inspiration photo.

I really loved this card so much when I completed it that I immediately began looking around the web for other photos to inspire me.  So, thank you Nichole! :)

Enjoy!

Kristin

11 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Very nice ornaments on your card, that looks pretty!
Hugs, Wendy

Suzanne said...

Hi Kristin! I love your card, especially how you split the sentiment on two banners and I adore those die cuts! Hope you are having a fun summer!

Lee Anne said...

This is beautiful! I love the layered butterfly, the stamping on vellum and the overall design. You need to frame this one. Beautiful.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE all of the detail and the flourishes! LOVE the double butterfly!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my gosh. This is so ethereal and lofty. I love what you've done with the inspiration pic and translating it so clevery into your fab card. The bamboo shades and the embellishments flourishes are beyond perfect. Golly you sure are clever. So impressive.

Laurie HIMCR said...

Very pretty! So soft and elegant!

Renee said...

Pretty!
Love the double butterfly and banners...
the background is gorgeous!

Katie said...

You did an awesome job with the inspiration piece...you drew in so many different elements. I especially like the soft vellum embellishments.

Anne B said...

Soft and beautiful, Kristin. Love the butterfly and those vellum embellishments :)

Amy Kolling said...

Such a beautiful card with those vellum embellishments!!! I am going to have to try this....Great job!

Laurie said...

Ewwww....I love the vellum! Such a pretty card my friend!!