Sunday, July 1, 2012

Evernote, Pinterest, and Creating

So, have you heard about Pinterest? (inside joke, lol)

If you haven't, you can visit my boards here... but set aside some time.  I've devoted a lot of time to this, um, "activity."

I do love to pin those ideas.  But, I actually like to use them too!

Enter, Evernote.

I was introduced to evernote months ago.  Probably 7-8 months ago or more (before Christmas for sure).  It has revolutionized my crafting and productivity time.

At first, I put all my PTI stamps in it.  Next, I copied and pasted the tip sheet ideas (from the old website) into each "note." Then, I added my inspiration cards to those stamp sets.  Most of them were NH and the design team, but sometimes it might be one of my own or a blogger from the forum or a Paper Doll.

One Paper Doll had her dies listed separately.  So, I did that as well.  She also gave me the idea to put my Cricut Cartridges in too.

Now, I have my card stock, other patterned paper, a wish list, etc.

***And then, I started to think about how I could merge Pinterest and Evernote together to actually make crafting time better.***

So, now I pin card and scrapbook layouts and then put those into EN notes.  I do the same for cards I really like and sb pages that inspire me that don't necessarily have PTI product.

Once it is all synced up, I can open my iPad at my desk (or iPhone) and craft from that inspiration, sketch, or color combo!

Getting things out of Pinterest has been the best part.

Next up... all those RECIPES!!

Enjoy,

Kristin

1 comment:

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...you are just so amazing. What wonderful ideas you have. I to pin but have not ventured out into EverNote land yet but after reading your post, I think I will give it a try. I have 5 more weeks of summer school and then off for a month, now I know what I will be using some of my free time for. I my contact you for help if you don't mind. Thanks for the inspiration.