Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dad's birthday


My dad's birthday was a little over a week ago and I made a card and sent it on time, but forget to take a pic of it or scan it. When I told my dad (who does read this!), he scanned the card and sent it to me :-). Thanks dad!!


This is a simple card- my life's been a bit crazy lately!




So, my dad's birthday is September 11th. A pretty awful day in our country for the last 7 years. But on that day, I get to call and wish my dad a Happy Birthday and be thankful for the ones we love. My dad and I have an interesting history, to say the least. But, for many years now we have had a good relationship, and since marrying Terry 11 years ago, my dad and I have had a wonderful relationship.


He is the dad I wanted growing up, and hopefully, I make him proud now. I actually ask for, and sometimes even listen, to his advice. I love to talk about the bible with him when we visit, and whatever he is studying. I positively adore watching him with my kids. And some of the best pics I have are of my dad, Terry, and Jake (when he was really little).
Anyway, this card uses the Blooming Dots embossing folder, MM green cs and pp, a random { stamp that I got at J's over a year ago (that I have now used twice!) and the sentiment was in a birthday stamp set also from J's (used that set A LOT since getting it a few months ago).
Enjoy!
Kristin

No comments: