Friday, September 19, 2008

Emma's birthday invites

So, my daughter is almost 2 (I REALLY don't know how that happened!!) and we're going to throw a small party for her next month. Unlike Jake, she's not that interested in TV, or toys- except for the one Jake has at any given moment. But, she DOES like Elmo. So, I decided to do an Elmo party... my problem- nothing Elmo!

Also, I don't want to spend a lot of money, so I used some random cs I've had for a year or so, the Celebrations cartridge from my cricut, and a borrowed stamp from a friend. I had gotten some birthday stamps a few months ago, so I knew I could use those too (getting very resourceful in my current financial state!).

This is what I came up with...

I let the cricut actually cut out the cards with the #2 in it! Then, it cut out all the scalloped square/rectangle image. I stamped them and added stickles to the star and glossy accents to the bows. On the inside I stamped the "For, Date, Time, etc" AND stamped the info (her name, the actual date, etc).


But, I found a great stamp on sale when I was at HL... got it for $3!! Now, I can sell it (anyone need an elmo stamp??)... So, I stamped Elmo on red paper in black ink, colored the eyes and mouth and cut them out and glued to the inside of the card. Heeeeeeerrrrrreeeee's Elmo:


Enjoy!

Kristin




No comments: