Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sympathy

A woman I worked with for many years at my last office lost her mom last week. She was diagnosed with cancer in early August and passed away so quickly. Lisa and I felt so badly for her, so as soon as I heard, I went home and made her a card. I didn't use traditional colors, but wanted it to have a soft feel to it. I used one of Lauren's sketches.

I used PTI Lavendar moon for the cs base and polka dot ribbon. I also used it for the circl bases for the flowers and stamped sentiment. The flowers are CTMH Friendship Blessing in garden green. Then, I used my blender pen to fill them in. Put some stickles in the center and let dry. Covered the entire image with glossy accents and let dry. Then, I cut them out and glued onto the PTI cs. The sentiment is CTMH Say it in Style... just simple and not overwhelming. You can't tell in the pic, but the ribbon is a bit longer than the card and cut to look like a bookmark at the bottom. The flowers/circles are popped up for some dimension. The plaid paper was bought at J's last year for the kids' Easter pages.
Enjoy!
Kristin

No comments: