Friday, May 6, 2011

Caring cards




These are a couple of cards I sent to a friend and her son awhile ago.  On the top card I wanted to use an idea floating around in my head based off of one of my fave cards from Lauren Meader from probably 2 or 3 years ago.  She had stamped the image in black multiple times and then overlaid a popped up piece of cardstock where the image was colored in copics.  It wasn't the "complete" image and blended perfectly with the black/white of the card.  I've done that a few times.  So, with Smokey Shadow cardstock and CTMH Daisy White ink I went to work.  It created the perfect greyish background.  A bit of color with the pink (bad memory and I can't tell if that is Hib Burst or Rasp Fizz from the photo) and then I stamped the image again on an SU dsp that has a greyish/pinkish background for some subtlety.

The little boy card was fun.  My kids and I had a blast creating a card that was just for him.  Lots of ideas were flowing around the craft table that day (in fact, if memory serves, he could have received an entire zoo of cards if my children would have their way!).  I don't own the double ended banner dies... but seeing this reminds me I want them.  sigh... lots of measuring and cutting :)

Enjoy!

Kristin

8 comments:

Karen C. said...

Kristin, the white ink on black card stock is very striking. I don't often use black as a card base, but I'm going to give this a try!! The little lion card is so cute for a child. You must have had a fun day with your kiddos making that card!

Lorraine said...

Kristin, your first card is beautiful! Love the stamping of the black cardstock on the background. And the second card is just adorable! I love that your kids helped you create it!

Chris said...

Love that white ink on the dark card stock. I have a couple very unused YOF sets. I'm definitely going to try this technique! The little lion is adorable, too.

Michelle said...

Love that sleek dark grey and pink card.....just striking that one is.... And the second card is so fun - I love that you create with your kiddos that way.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful cards, Kristin! I love how you mounted the die cut flower on the mat stack -- super clever! And the colors on both are perfect.

Lee Anne said...

:)

Jen Carter said...

These are so cute!! Great work!

Emily said...

Oh, the lion card is so sweet! I bet the little boy it went to just loved it!