Sunday, May 8, 2011

NSBD Tag into project (post 3)


This is the 3rd post of the day... you can scroll down if you want to see a Masculine birthday card or a MIMonday anniversary card.

Nat'l Scrapbook Day was yesterday and I played along with My Pink Stamper. The challenge for this layout can be found at her website.

I got the paper on clearance at JoAnn's but it is awesome!  Shimmer pink with snowflakes and a coordinating printed paper too.  I used some old bling/shimmer cardstock (have had it since she was born) both pink and white.  Then used PTI Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, and Shimmer White cardstock.  The only way I was able to do this so quickly is the sketch came from the Bug Junkie and was pretty easy to layout and I've known I was going to do this layout all week.  Adding the tag at the end was easy.  (I personally still think it needs something... maybe in the middle; plus the 2nd page to the 2 page layout, but I didn't have time).

Enjoy!

Kristin

7 comments:

BethieJ said...

SO CUTE Kristin!!
Happy Mothers Day!

Unknown said...

Great work yesterday! I love that journaling tag you made with BB: Christmas!

Jen Adcock said...

pretty gorgeous. I get cranky when I think a project needs a little something else. Because I rarely can figure it out and run the risk of overdoing it. It looks pretty dang fab too me though . The pinks are just scrumptious and the pictures...deeevine!

Chris said...

Cute layout! I love the paper choices, but I think I agree that it needs just a little more balance at the bottom. Could you add another gift in the darkest pink color to bring the eye around full circle? Maybe tucked just to the left of the current gift?

Lorraine said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous so far! I love the papers, details and that tag! Just beautiful!

Lee Anne said...

Once you add the second page and you put it in the album, it will look perfect to you. Trust me.
This is beautiful and I love that you used pink for Christmas!

Anne B said...

Great that you played along for NSBD and so fun to use pinks for a Christmas layout. Love your tag :)