Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Many Happy Wishes for the Birthday boy!

boy is a "bit" of a strong word, but he's definitely a kid at heart! (Funny story... the other day he and a college guy were sitting and waiting to start some important training. They both had "clicker" pens and decided to race to see who could click their pen the most in the shortest amount of time!... pretty sure they were doing that for my benefit, but you can NEVER tell!)


So, I decided to do a more grown up card and am pretty pleased with the result
Now, you might be asking yourself... birthday? Really? Hmmm....
First, I will explain the technique, then the birthday part.
1) I saw the other day on this blog (a MUST if you have a CRICUT, want a CRICUT, love your CRICUT), a very cool technique that she found called cuttlebug inking. I HAD to try this. Watch the video on Linda's blog and it'll make sense. I used chocolate CTMH ink on that paper (it was MM cs -wheat, I think) with the script cuttlebug folder. Then, I took another cs and distressed the edges, sponged them with black and chocolate inks and then crumpled it up. Pressed out flat and rubbed/sponged more ink over it. On an ivory textured cs I stamped the image in black. Pulled out my blender pen and colored it with black and brown inks.
2) On the inside is stamped "happy birthday"... but what I've written is something to the effect that we may not be "two of a kind" but there is no one else I'd rather be with than Terry.
Enjoy!
Kristin
p.s. this here proves that stamp images can be REALLY versatile, depending on how you use them!

1 comment:

Sarah P said...

Hey Super cute cards as always... also just wanted to let you know that I have made my own blogg... Called Cowsill Scrappin can't wait to read your comments too!@!