Friday, July 18, 2008

Birthday #4

So, today is one of my dearest friend's birthday. I won't say how old she is (b/c she isn't that old!! but it is older than me-hehe). We have known each other since we were summer missionaries together in St. Louis in 1993. That was a LONG time ago. We shared a room together, and besides Terry, she is the only person I have successfully lived with for any length of time! (I don't count my siblings b/c they were siblings- that was forced upon us! haha... or my mom b/c she STILL lives with me!).

I believe that the last time we saw each other was her wedding- 11 years ago on August 9th!! However, even though she lives in the Northwest and I live here, we still communicate through email and cell phone conversations. We just respect and care for each other so much- it simply shows how God brings people into our lives that are just "right"- you know?

So, here's the card I did for her...

it was a sketch from Jennifer at Stamps & all that Jazz


on July 6th. She got it from somewhere else, but it was her card that made me instantly pick out papers and tools to create it! I usually decide what kind of card (and for who) it is going to be and then pick a sketch and all the trimmings. This was one of the few cards I've done that I made those decisions afterwards. Great Inspiration!!
All the papers and stickers came from a free pack I got the last time I went to Recollections before it closed. The ribbon and ink color are CTMH Citrus Leaf (NOT a color I typically choose! but it matched). The stamp was stampendous from Hobby Lobby (or Michaels??). I watercolored it. I used the swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder on the top of it.
Enjoy!
Kristin

No comments: