Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tis the Season

No, not THAT season... Now is the season of weddings (already had 1 last week) and anniversaries (our 11th is on June 7th). I've usually just sent an e-card to celebrate (if I even did that- sorry friends!). But, now that I'm this magnificent papercrafter, I've got to rise to the challenge of making cards (and mailing them- that'll be the worst part).

But, what to do?? Well, along comes my friend, Sarah, from work... she too LOVES to scrapbook and just got her 1st cricut on her last bday. Well, she HAD to bring in the cards she made for mom's day and they were AWESOME. (she knows already- I told her). Part of the greatness of these cards was the PAPER (which I have come to realize is a TRUE draw for me- not just tools).

It was from the DCWV "Blossoms & Butterflys" paper stack with textured cardstack that matched. I have searched HIGH and LOW for this paper stack and FINALLY found it at Joann's- on sale too!! (score). I bought the coordinating textured cardstock stack too and have made some beautiful cards with it. I gave this one to my friend, Lisa, who celebrates her 10th anniversary this week (congrats again!)



Creative Memories circle cutter, ribbon from walmart, bling from HL, "F" and circle stamp from Oriental Trading Monogram stamp, CTMH clover meadow ink
I'll be sending this one to our best friends who are going to be married 13 years (sorry if you see it here first... but this way it hold me accountable to mailing it!)




And then, I did a cute inside as well...

CM circle cutter, ribbon from J's, Happy ANN stamp from J's, "B" and circle from OT monogram stamp, Glitter Butterflies from Martha Stewart's collection- glitter stamps, Dark Brown cat eye ink
For wedding cards, some of you have seen it before, but this is going to Terry's cousin who is getting married on OUR anniversary... we won't be there, but hopefully they'll have as wonderful a wedding as ours, but more importantly, as wonderful and fulfilling a marriage!


All the paper came from HL wedding selection, American Crafts ribbon, Ranger distress inks

Okay, that's it for now!

Enjoy!

Kristin

No comments: