Saturday, July 26, 2008

Are you ready for....?

...a challenge!!?? (okay, so some of you might have thought football, but we still have a few more weeks before that starts!)

One of the blogs I read often is Lauren's My Time, My Creations, My Stampedence. She is a mom of 3, but her oldest daughter has Down Syndrome and apparently had a form of cancer that afflicts children with down syndrome. So, while her daughter is now cancer free (praise God!), she certainly went through a lot of trials and tribulation with that experience. (puts in perspective when you have a whiny, stubborn child... at least they are healthy!).

Anyway, every Saturday she posts a card sketch and I copy down (in my little card sketch notebook) the ones I like. But, I've never just sat down and crafted one and posted it and linked to her blog. But, today I did!

If you'd like, you can play along too... here is the link to the post with her "Saturday Sketch" for today.

And, here is the card I did:

I am very happy with how it turned out EXCEPT for the vellum stamped image. I stamped the image (from the Love In Bloom CTMH set) in Petal. It looked too plain, but nice. So, I decided to outline it with stickles... except the vellum got kinda crinkly (yuck).


I will probably take off the vellum and try again with something else (but more on that later).


Anyway, the cs is PT Lavender Moon and all the other paper is CTMH Paper Garden (one of the best sets ever!!). I used 2 lavender brads and the b/c of the way I cut that purple paper, my square nesties had to make a rectangle paper. But, then I was able to stamp my sentiment above the flower and make it look like I planned it that way (yea, that's right!!).


So, here's the deal... if you like this card (with or without the flower on vellum) you MUST post a comment and I'll pick a winner and send it to you!! Blank! Meaning, you can send it along to someone else. I think the Love in Bloom sentiment would go well for an anniversary or wedding occasion.


BUT, here's the REAL kicker... if you make a card too and either post a link or email me an image to post AND you want the card, you'll go to the top of the line!!


If you don't know how to post a comment or card, let me know and I'll walk you through it...
We all have too much stuff to do with little time... I know! But, sometimes you've got to set aside time for yourself and have fun!
You have until Wednesday the 30th to post a comment and/or a card (and again, I'll trade out the flower for something else... your choice!)
Enjoy!

Kristin
p.s here's some close-ups of the card:

7 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh You are too sweet. This came out FABULOUS!! Thanks for playing along :D Love your soft colors.

Holly Young said...

Great job with Lauren's sketch! I played too! Mine is at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/996356?cat=500&ppuser=15150 and will be given away on my blog Wednesday. I'd love you to let your blog readers know about that.

Anonymous said...

They are all really great...

Catherine said...

love the soft colors that you used for this card

Anonymous said...

I looked at the other links - very cute cards! I have not tried cards yet, but I should given all the scrapbook paper I have! Maybe one day...

No need to enter me in the drawing - just wanted to compliment the card. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful, creative and delicate. Would make someone's day to receive it in the mail.

Anonymous said...

I love it, I want it :)
Angela