Saturday, July 5, 2008

birthday #2


Okay, so this card I made for my mother-in-law. Still not sure I'm sending it - not completely happy with it. She has more simple tastes, likes "country" in decor, but something is lacking. If you have any ideas, PLEASE post them!! I don't need to mail this out till about the 8th!!


I used another idea from Inking Aloud, but changed it quite a bit. I needed a bigger card for that cupcake image I used last month. I also colored the "paper" cupcake holder in the same stripes as the pp. I used the square nesties and stickles again. I also used my cricut Celebrations cartridge for the "celebrate" but added a cupcake and welded it using the design studio software. Finally, I took a white gel/glaze pen and added the dots at the bottom, in the scallops, and on the celebrate word to give the illusion of stitching.
Enjoy!
Kristin

No comments: