Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Birthday #5

Wow, today I have a niece who is a teenager!! I have had all the other nieces (and 1 nephew) on Terry's side reach that age, but I wasn't there shortly after they were born!! They were all little kids to pre-teen when I met them. So, it's a big deal to me that my sister's daughter is 13!!

I wasn't sure what I wanted her card to look like, but I've seen some cute color combos lately (okay, for over a year now) of brown and pink. I have continually resisted it- mainly b/c I didn't think brown was a very girly color (go figure!).

I used my DCWV summer cs stack for the brown and pink. Then, I used my DCWV glitter cs stack (that is printed papers, really). I decided that the cricut scallop .cut file from okie ladybug would be perfect matched along with some AC ribbon- Christmas brown with silver edging!! The image I stamped took forever to come up with. No Happy Birthday or celebrate stamp looked right. I finally decided on the P (her first initial) monogram in dark brown (cat eye ink) with a sponge dauber of dark roan (lighter brown) and light pink (stampabilities pigment ink). Last I added stickles to the P for some extra glitz.


Hope she likes it, I think it came out wonderfully!

Enjoy!

Kristin

No comments: