Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Daisy Card


Well, my friend Lisa LOVES daisies!! I (and the rest of her family and friends) have bought her daisy stuff for years! When I saw that I could get a free stamp set in June from CTMH, I HAD to get the Seize the Daisy set to make cards for her (and yes, let her borrow when she's ready to stamp again!).


The set is awesome! I first stamped the stems on the cards, the the petal images on another cs. I colored in with my copics (I think watercolor might have been a better option?). I then took a yellow and green ink pad and "swiped" it on the card base to show sun and grass. I cut out the petal images and popped them up on dimensionals and adhered to the card. I wasn't sure whether to put the sentiment on top or inside. I decided I'd use one of the cute butterfly images and do a paper piecing. I stamped the butterfly on the card first. Then, onto yellow cs, then onto pp. I cut out the body from the yellow cs and wings from the pp and layered.
Finally, added white rickrack ribbon and called it done!


Enjoy!


Kristin

No comments: