Thursday, July 3, 2008

Birthday #1


So, Mom's birthday is tomorrow... I am hoping to download pics tomorrow and have a cute 4th scrapbook page (or 2) to show off by end of the weekend!




But, first I wanted to show off mom's card. It has to be one of my most favorite cards I've done so far. I don't know if it is the color, the look, or simply how nicely it came together.



The idea to use 2 of my 'bug embossing folders on the SAME sheet of paper came from Inking Aloud on her medallion card that she CASEd (essentially it's copy and steal- but in a good way- they inspire you!) from this card (awesome huh?). The flowers come from both The Paper studio (spare parts) and some other random flower. The brad has some stickles on it for bling (shows up in real life!) and came from Queen & Co. (I got a baggie for a $1 at GASC). The ribbon is American Crafts (love the polka dots!). Finally, I stamped it with Say It in Style from CTMH in white daisy ink.


Now, I originally stamped it in amethyst (see below), but it just didn't show up/pop for me. I like to live with cards for a day or longer and then see what I think. The white looks so much better!





Enjoy!

Kristin

1 comment:

Lori said...

Kristin, your card looks great! You're right about the sentiment in white--it really pops.