Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cute bday card

Morning all! I did another card last weekend (did you know it was World Cardmaking Day??... you didn't??... then tell your hubby you need to celebrate THIS weekend! lol).

I have a big stash of double-sided cs (that is more like pp in weight and texture) that I am going to start using. (yes, I am a paper-aholic)

Here's the first card using it:

It's 12x12 for scrapping, so after cutting it to an A2 size and folding it with the pattern showing, I used the leftoever to create the solid cs look over the pattern. I used an organdy purple polka dot ribbon (had in my stash for at least 6 months and this is the FIRST time I've used it!) that matched really well. I also used Eloise Greengrass from Stamping Bella, colored with copics, cut out, and glittered wings and dress. I put her on a piece of Bazzill bling cs and pop-dotted it off the card.
The number 2, is pink to match the bling cs, with stickles for more bling -hehe.



The 2 heart brads are super old, but I put stickles on them, then covered them with glossy accents. Old is new!

I learned a neat trick for the glitter, I used a glue pen and then sprinkled the doodlebug glitter (from the last time I was in Austin and got to visit Archiver's!) over it before the glue dried. ta-da!





Enjoy!
Kristin

No comments: