Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A friend's birthday

So, at some point in the next several weeks, I know someone having a birthday (there, that should be secret enough, right??). I wanted to make her (okay, the card is peach, has polka dot ribbon, and says "what's up cupcake"- it's NOT to a guy!!) a card she could really enjoy.

Again, a sketch I got from somewhere, but don't know who- sorry!

I used PTI Berry Sorbet cs and ribbon, and CM Gazebo pp for the outside panel (and inside too!). I ran the cs through my cuttlebug with the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder. The stamp set is What's up Cupcake from MFT stamps.

I stamped the base, cupcake, icing, and sprinkles in different colors- black, CTMH Hollyhock, and CTMH chocolate. I also used my blender pen to even out the coloring.

On the inside I used the same pp as a liner, and then stamped 3 candles in CTMH chocolate.

After this pic was taken, I decided to add stickles to the sprinkles, and cover the icing with glossy accents.



Enjoy!

Kristin

No comments: