Thursday, June 19, 2008

birthday card

My friend, Melissa, had a birthday on Father's Day. I wrote this post that day, but like having a scheduled post a day (makes it look like I am continually working on this blog!). She is still VERY young (7 years younger than me!), but she is the reason I spend so much $$ on stamping stuff! If you don't know, after Emma was born and I had a great scrap space, I started scrapping again. Fast and furious, but loving every minute of it. Melissa started selling CTMH stuff early summerish last year. I went over to see her stuff, never thinking I'd get into stamping... I mean WHO wants to do that??? HA hA, joke's on me!! I'm now totally into cards, stamping (even entering a contest), and all sorts of stuff.


So, I had to make her a bday card, right?? Except, I sorta forgot it was her bday b/c of our anniversary, vacation, and being sick (I remembered before then!). So, Saturday afternoon, I realized it was the next day and I'd already done 3 cards that day (thanks, honey!), but told him I needed a little more time. Got out a great sketch from Mish Mash, cute paper, my scallop ruler, my new square scallop nesties/embossing stuff and tada! Cute card! (the image didn't show up but is a cute, pink stamped turtle, heat embossed w/ clear powder)


Happy Bday Melissa (again, it IS your bday while typing this!)


Enjoy!

Kristin

No comments: