Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me!

Wow! Today, Terry and I celebrate 11 years of marriage. (I'm actually writing this in May, but won't post until 6-7-08)

You know, having spent this many years with someone brings a new perspective to those vows to love, cherish, and honor all those years ago. There have been some truly UNFUN moments, some terribly scary ones, some super exciting ones, and some moments we've simply forgotten. But, I can honestly say I wouldn't have lived these years any other way b/c they were OUR years.

As a christian, I see marriage not as a contractual agreement, but a covenant relationship. When you enter into a contract with someone you are protecting yourself and looking for a guarantee that they will hold up their end of the bargain. But a covenant cannot be broken. It is swapping my life for his, my wants for his, my desires for his. It isn't looking out for me, but always looking out for him. I know many marriages do not survive and I am profoundly sad for them.

So, we've now spent 6 1/2 years of marriage without kids and 4 1/2 years with them... my life with Terry is so different now! Seeing him as a Daddy is probably a greater joy than I ever could have imagined. He loves them so much and they... well, I don't think there is a word strong enough in the English language to describe how much they love and adore him. That's pretty cool!

So, enough of that already!


I made this MANLY card for him and hope you like it (they are the hardest types of cards, right ladies?)...

Enjoy!
Kristin
Recipe: Plain brown cs, plain white cs, Making Memories tweed pp and wheat cs, CTMH chocloate distressing ink, Ranger vintage photo distressing ink, CTMH Sweet Love stamps, CTMH tan hemp, Stampabilities Happy Ann. stamp

No comments: