Sunday, June 8, 2008

How'd you do that??

Okay then ladies (any men out there??)

This is for the card with embossing/watercoloring.

First, I inked up my flourish stamp with versamark (watermark) and stamped a few times on paper. Then, I poured clear embossing powder over the still wet ink...(I use wax paper in a craft tray). Heat set (yes, a REAL heat gun, no hair dryers here!!). Ta da!! Of course, what you DON'T see is that I actually burned (yes, burned) the paper!! Scorched it right on the edge. That is how I came to have that pretty scalloped edge (I had to cut off 1/4 of the paper!!) Yikes (and no, I wan't going to do it again!).

I used a .cut file (Cricut Design Studio Software) I got from Capedia Designs blog for the pretty scalloped edge. I used the scalloped circle .cut file from okieladybug on the cricut messageboard. I watercolored the yellow inside of the flower, raised up that image with popdots and glued ribbon behind it.

Finally, I used a sponge and light sponged the INSIDE of the card bottom where the scallop is to make it "pop"

Enjoy!
Kristin

No comments: