Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Grandmommy's card w/ Copics

Well, most (any?) of you don't know but my grandmother is (was) an artist. Fabulous artist (even had a painting sold on ebay- ended up being found by a relative who confirmed it was hers and bought it... but there were lots of interested bidders). She used to teach me art when I was little (not a good student then, I don't think). She had an art studio in the back of their house and would teach lots of women art. Always went to art shows in Brekenridge and other places I don't remember.


I have several of her paintings in my house, so anytime you visit, make sure you look around!


It just so happens that her 95th birthday is at the end of this month. She, unfortunately, has dementia and must live in nursing home with special care so she doesn't try to wander off. But, she still remembers me and my family.


I, as you know, have really gotten into card making and while I made her a card last year, it was okay but nothing like what I'm doing now. I bought a cute stamp on CLEARANCE at Michael's several weeks ago and it is VERY elaborate. I decided today to take it out, ink it up, and color it with my new copics. I've learned lots of lessons from Mish Mash's blog, but now there is a blog done by someone who works FOR copic!! She's just started it, but I've learned a ton already. However, I'm happy to report that most of these lessons have simply built upon what my grandmommy taught me decades (yes, decades!) ago. Shadow, shading, light... keeping the perspective of where sun is coming from, etc.


I also used a very pretty .cut design on my cricut from Susan for the card. I used Cricut Rainbow paper for the outside/inside and DCWV cs for the paper I stamped on. I also had a random "Beautiful Life" stamp (had flowers that I covered with tape so it wouldn't transfer) for the top. I really hope you enjoy this card, it truly represents how much I love my grandmommy!



Enjoy!

Kristin

No comments: