Saturday, June 14, 2008

Not AS cheap scrapping

So, I am finally at that point of being caught up in scrapping (yipee!). I thought I'd show you guys and gals another example of scrapping an event for the kids where they have the same layout, similar pics chosen, similar (or different) papers, but one for each of them.

This is one of my favorites: Easter 2008. In this example, I like Emma's best (but only b/c I used a gorgeous color of amethyst from CTMH and I love that color!). Of course, I used the Cherish book from CTMH (pg. 49 for those who have it).


Emma's

So, the egg, stripe, and grass paper came from Joann's. The bunny face, eggs, and basket came from Doodletype cricut cartridge. I heat embossed the edge of the basket with silver powder for the bling. I used Daisy White cs from CTMH anywhere you see white... except for the borders of the pics... I printed the pics on a letter size sheet of paper and kept the white border (I thought it looked good). The stamp set was Eastertime from CTMH.
Now, for Jake's...
Okay, so to keep it cheap, I used the same egg, stripe, and grass paper, same die cuts (just different paper) and used stickles on Jake's basket rather than heat embossing. The EXTRA eggs on the right side of the paper are to cover a mistake! I used Garden Green ink here with the same stamp set. I also wrote the journalling and doodled instead of using another sheet of paper and the computer. I also did these about 2 months apart instead of at the same time (not sure which is better for me).
Enjoy!
Kristin
(p.s. ignore my toes at the bottom of Jake's page)

No comments: