Friday, June 13, 2008

Cheap scrapping

Well, I am a BIG fan of scrapping events for Jake and Emma and making the layouts look similar (just use different papers, change journalling, etc). I'm especially interested in saving money lately too.
Well, I came up with a cute idea for a lo for Jake and Emma's class pictures using the SAME paper (but each getting their own lo). I LOVE using CTMH's School Zone paper pack (I need to make sure they don't discontinue this any time soon).


First, I did Emma's...

I used that neutral shade showing at the bottom 2" as the base (but cut off the top 4"). The I cut the other 2 pp and some red ribbon to tie together. Then, I used Base Camp cartridge for the letters and numbers and Doodletype for the bus (black for base and yellow for top). Finally, I used the CTMH school zone stamp set for the little girl, colored in copics, and matted her. I also double matted the picture which IMHO is the best idea for professional shots!
Next I did Jake's...
I used the remaining 4 inches of neutral, the leftover pp's (but overlapped on the back so that I would have something to glue them to). I used a 1" yellow paper (as opposed to the red ribbon) and just flipped the 2 pps. I used 2 stars from George (leftover from making more stars for Jake's poster), Base Camp for letters and numbers, Doodletype for bus and backpack.
So, I only used ONE sheet of cs (neutral), ONE sheet of letters pp, ONE sheet of striped pp, red ribbon, 1" of yellow cs, and then what I needed for the die-cuts and titles and tada... TWO layouts!
Not bad!
Enjoy!
Kristin

No comments: