Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Oh my...

Well, so you know I have been crafting a lot and it really helps me to de-stress. I also get inspiration from a lot of sources, including some mags. I saw a card stamping contest in a magazine a couple of weeks ago and thought, "hmm, that would be neat to try" but filed it in the back of my brain. Just working too hard to worry about it.





Well, Saturday night I looked at Terry while we were watching TV and said, "I'm thinking I might enter a card contest"... he looked at me in a way that said Really?? Okay, whatever makes you happy.





So, Sunday after church and lunch... kids down for a nap, I started. I had to make 5 cards with different techniques. I stopped for going to the Y Water Park (after naps) and dinner and going to bed. Then, I actually finished up by 9:30!! Best de-stresser!! I was in a good mood and able to go to work with a positive attitude (we won't discuss how long it lasted-haha!).





So, here my FIRST card...


I'll list the "recipe" below and then in tomorrow's post I do a "how'd you do that"? AND my 2nd card.

DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies paper stack, DCWV summer cs paper stack, sticker (sentiment) from Papercrafts mag, flower stamp, black ink, watercolor pencils, pop dots, scallop ruler

Enjoy!
Kristin

No comments: